Application Deadline for INPE’s Director Extended
It follows one communicates published on the day (11/18) in the website of the National Institute for Space Research (INPE) noting that application deadline for INPE’s Director extended.
Application Deadline for
INPE’s Director Extended
Friday, November 18, 2011
The Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation of Brazil (MCTI) extended to Nov. 30 the application deadline for the selection of the Brazilian National Institute for Space Research (Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais - INPE) Director. A committee of experts appointed by the Minister Aloizio Mercadante is responsible for the process.
The selection, which gives rise to a triple list sent to the Minister of MCTI, is always carried out by committees of experts who seek, in the scientific, technological and business community, people related with the technical and administrative guidance established for each institution. This system of choosing leaders has been practiced for over ten years by MCTI to choose Director Posts of all its Research Units.
INPE's Committee, chaired by Jacob Palis, president of Brazilian Academy of Sciences (Academia Brasileira de Ciências – ABC), is also composed of Carlos Alberto Aragão de Carvalho Filho, from the Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) and director of the Brazilian Association of Synchrotron Light Tecnology (ABTluS); Carlos Nobre, Secretary for Development and Research Polices and Programs of MCTI (Seped); Humberto Andrade Sobral, from INPE, and Satoshi Yokota, teacher from the Institute for Research, Administration and Planning of São José dos Campos (SP), Brazil.
May apply for the job any researcher, technologist or manager that meets the following requirements:
• recognized professional competence;
• Visibility in scientific, technological and business community;
• Administrative experience and ability to promote the employees unity, taking into account the diversity of the institute;
• Future vision for the institution and commitment to scientific and technological integrated development of the country;
• Ability to address political problems related to the institution;
• Demonstrated ability of managing internal and external activities of relationships with research and funding bodies and managing complex projects;
• Commitment to implementing INPE's Master Plan and Management Plan, as well as the Plan of Actions of MCTI;
• Commitment to continuously raise quality of activities in Science, Technology, Innovation and Education performed at INPE;
The application documents are: letter requesting registration, curriculum vitae (including scientific production) and a text up to five pages, describing candidates vision for the National Institute for Space Research future and the grip of his/her management project to INPE's Master Plan.
Must be submitted on paper and electronically to:
Prof. Dr. JACOB PALIS JÚNIOR
Academia Brasileira de Ciências
Rua Anfilófio de Carvalho nº 29, 3º andar – Centro
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
CEP – 20030-060
Email Address: email@example.com
The selection process, besides documents evaluation, will include public presentation of the candidates' management plan and private interview with the Committee members, in a place, date and time to be announced. Applicants who are not from INPE looking to know of the Institute should schedule a visit with Dr. José Humberto Andrade Sobral by the phone (12) 3208-7147, and can have the basic material on the Institute website. (Links below)
Ordinance 729 of 09.23.2011 appointing the members of the Search Committee to support the minister choosing INPE's director (DOU of 09/26/2011)
Source: WebSite of the National Institute for Space Research (INPE)